Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with over 15 years of experience from leading orthopaedic centres in Germany and U.A.E. Dr. Konrad holds four international Licenses and Board Certifications in Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery (German, United Kingdom, U.A.E., Poland) and German sub-specializations in Special Trauma Surgery and Emergency Medicine. He is Head of Department and co-creator of new orthopaedic departments in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- The main area of specialization is surgical treatment and therapy of joint cartilage injuries and degeneration on an expert level. Dr. Konrad worked for several years in a German orthopaedic clinic with the largest number of cartilage surgeries in the country. He is trained in most available regenerative medicine methods and is an expert in joint preservation.
- Arthroscopic (key-hole) and open surgeries of the knee joint with complex reconstructions and repairs of ligaments, meniscus, cartilage and osteotomies.
- Arthroscopic and open surgeries of the shoulder, hip, elbow and ankle joints with reconstructions and repairs of ligaments, tendons, cartilage, therapy of joint instabilities and other.
- Total hip replacement surgeries through minimally invasive approaches, which allows the patients to walk only a few hours after the procedure.
- Complete trauma surgery – surgical and conservative treatment of fractures, soft tissue injuries, sport injuries in adults and children. Treatment of complications, post-traumatic deformations, non-unions, revisions of unsuccessful surgeries and second opinions.
- Surgical and conservative treatment of hand and foot conditions like trauma, deformations, bunions and other.
- Treatment and conservative therapy of back pain with guided injections.
- Conservative and minimally-invasive treatment of acute and chronic inflammations and osteoarthritis with orthobiologics / blood derived substances and stem cell therapy under ultrasound guidance. Regenerative medicine and joint preservation.
Education and Experience
Courses, Trainings, Achievements
- COURSES AND TRAININGS
- MEMBERSHIP IN ORGANIZATIONS
- PARTICIPATION IN CONFERENCES
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS
- LANGUAGE SKILLS
- 2019 – Exam and License “HAAD Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon”, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- 2019 – Certified Arthroscopic Surgeon (AGA)
- 2018 – United Kingdom GMC Specialist Register “Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon, Consultant Level”
- 2017 – Sub-Specialization „Special Trauma Surgeon“, Germany
- 2015 – Sub-Specialization „Emergency Medicine“, Germany
- 2015 – Specialist „Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon“, Germany
- 2007 – Post-Graduate Degree in Healthcare Management, WSPiA w Lublin, Poland
- 2006 – Masters Degree in Medicine, Medical University of Lublin, Poland
- 2022 – 2023 – Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Consultant in Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Therapy – Abu Dhabi Stem Cell Centre, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- 2021 – 2023 – Head of Department / Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon – YAS Clinic Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- 2019 – 2021 – Head of Department / Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon – Medeor International Hospital, Al Ain, U.A.E.
- 2019 – 2019 – Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon – Clinic for Orthopaedics, Klinikum Hochsauerland, Marienhospital, Arnsberg, Germany
- 2017 – 2019 – Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon – Department for Surgery, Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery, St. Franziskus-Hospital, Winterberg, Germany
- 2016 – 2017 – Emergency Rescue Helicopter Physician (over 200 rescue missions) – BG Klinikum, Duisburg, Germany
- 2014 – 2017 – Specialist Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon – BG Klinikum, Duisburg, Germany
Clinic for Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery (Level 1 Trauma Centre)
Department of Arthroplasty and Foot Surgery
Department of Trauma Surgery with Spine and Pelvic Surgery
Department of Septic and Pseudarthrosis Surgery
Clinic for Arthroscopic Surgery, Sports Traumatology and Medicine
- 2012 – 2018 – Emergency / First Aid Ambulance Physician (over 3000 pre-hospital patients)
- 2010 – 2014 – Resident – Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, Department for Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery, St. Vinzenz-Hospital, Dinslaken, Germany
- 2009 – 2010 Resident – GP, Medical Practice Dr. Markus Müller, Saas-Grund, Switzerland
- 2008 – 2009 Resident – General Surgery, Clinic for Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery (Level 1 Trauma Centre), University Hospital no. 1, Lublin, Poland
- 2006 – 2008 Junior Doctor / Intern, Clinic for Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery (Level 1 Trauma Centre), University Hospital no. 1, Lublin, Poland
Courses and trainings
- 2022 – F.A.M.E. Cartilage surgery of the knee, Graz, Austria
- 2019 – Total Knee Replacement (AE) – Basic course, Munich, Germany
- 2019 – AO Trauma, fractures and osteotomies of the knee joint, Münster, Germany
- 2019 – Arthroscopies of the shoulder and elbow, expert course AGA, Graz, Austria
- 2019 – Arthroscopies of the knee, expert course AGA, Tübingen, Germany
- 2018 – F.A.M.E. Masterclass – Knee instability, multi-ligament injuries and extra-articular ligament injuries surgery course, Münster, Germany
- 2018 – LIGAMYS surgical techniques, Dinslaken, Germany
- 2018 – Arthroscopies of the knee, expert course, Berlin, Germany
- 2017 – Transfusion medicine, Düsseldorf, Germany
- 2017 – AMIS – Anterior Minimal Invasive Surgery for total hip replacements, Muttenz, Switzerland
- 2017 – Arthroscopy of the shoulder AGA, Düsseldorf, Germany
- 2017 – Emergency anaesthesia and difficult airway management, Duisburg, Germany
- 2017 – Laparoscopic surgery – Basic course, Bochum, Germany
- 2017 – D-Arzt – German qualification to consult work related accidents
- 2016 – 2017 – Total Hip Replacement – Basic, advanced and revision courses, Tübingen, Germany
- 2016 – Air Ambulance course, Bad Neuenahr, Germany
- 2016 – Paediatric and oncology course of the knee joint DKG, Duisburg, Germany
- 2016 – Hip injuries, Duisburg, Germany
- 2016 – Paediatric Emergency Medicine DIVI, Düsseldorf, Germany
- 2016 – DSTC – Definitive Surgical Trauma Care Provider, Homburg, Germany
- 2016 – GCP – Good Clinical Practice, Duisburg, Germany
- 2015 – Polytrauma management, Duisburg, Germany
- 2015 – 2016 – Multiple medical certification courses, Duisburg, Germany
- 2014 – Injuries of flexor and extensor tendons of the hand, Duisburg, Germany
- 2014 – Baloon Kyphoplasty, Salzburg, Austria
- 2014 – Respiratory paediatric emergencies, Wesel, Germany
- 2013 – Foot osteotomies, expert course, Dortmund, Germany
- 2013 – Basic knee arthroscopy course SFA/AGA, Bochum, Germany
- 2013 – ICU patient transport, Dortmund, Germany
- 2013 – PHTLS – Prehospital Trauma Life Support Provider, Düsseldorf, Germany
- 2012 – ATLS – Advanced Trauma Life Support Provider, Ludwigshafen, Germany
- 2012 – Paediatric emergencies, Dinslaken, Germany
- 2012 – Invasive and non-invasive ventilation, Wesel, Germany
- 2012 – Paediatric trauma and emergencies management, Herne, Germany
- 2012 – Death management, Wesel, Germany
- 2012 – Diagnostic ultrasound of the abdomen, thyroid and FAST-plus, Bonn, Germany
- 2012 – Diagnostic ultrasound of the musculoskeletal system – Basic, medium and advanced course, Munich, Germany
- 2011 – Emergency Medicine, Arnsberg, Germany
- 2011 – Hip arthroscopy course, Essen, Germany
- 2011 – 4th foot surgery course, Baden-Baden, Germany
- 2011 – Diagnostic infant hip ultrasound course, Dinslaken, Germany
- 2011 – AO Trauma (approaches, osteosynthesis of fractures, paediatric fractures), Graz, Austria
- 2010 – Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, Airway Management, Dinslaken, Germany
- 2010 – Osteoporosis, diagnostics and therapy, Dinslaken, Germany
- 2010 – 2022 – dozens of arthroscopic and orthopaedic wet lab and dry lab courses during conferences and congresses.
- 2010 – 2017 – Radiology of extremities, skull, spine, chest and abdomen, Germany
Membership in organizations
- PTArtro – Polish Arthroscopic Society
- AGA – Gesellschaft für Arthroskopie und Gelenkchirurgie (Europe’s largest Society for Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery)
- ESSKA – European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy
- DGOU – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Orthopädie und Unfallchirurgie (German Society for Orthopaedics and Trauma)
Participation in conferences
- 2022 – Deutscher Kongress für Orthopädie und Unfallchirurgie, Berlin, Germany (orthopaedics and traumatology congress)
- 2022 – 39. AGA Kongress, Vienna, Austria (arthroscopy congress)
- 2022 – Arab Health, 18th Orthopaedics Conference, Dubai, U.A.E. (lecture, orthopaedics conference)
- 2021 – 9th Emirates International Orthopaedic Congress, Dubai, U.A.E. (orthopaedics congress)
- 2021 – 7th Annual MENA International Orthopaedics Congress, Dubai, U.A.E. (orthopaedics congress)
- 2021 – 5th International Trauma Congress, Dubai, U.A.E. (traumatology congress)
- 2020 – 8th Emirates International Orthopaedic Congress, Dubai, U.A.E. (orthopaedics congress)
- 2020 – 16th Orthopaedics Conference, Dubai, U.A.E. (orthopaedics conference)
- 2018 – 20. AE Kongress, Düsseldorf, Germany (joint replacement congress)
- 2018 – 35. AGA Kongress, Linz, Austria (arthroscopy congress)
- 2017 – 34. AGA Kongress, Monachium, Germany (arthroscopy congress)
- 2017 – 8. Duisburger Kindertraumatologisches Symposium, Duisburg, Germany (paediatric traumatology conference)
- 2016 – 23. Trauma Symposium, Duisburg, Germany (traumatology conference)
- 2016 – 7. Duisburger Kindertraumatologisches Symposium, Duisburg, Germany (paediatric traumatology conference)
- 2012 – F.A.M.E. Gelenkerhalt um jeden Preis, Dinslaken, Germany (lecture, joint preservation conference)
- 2012 – Freiburger Knorpeltage, Freiburg, Germany (cartilage conference)
- 2011 – Hüftarthroskopie Kongress, Essen, Germany (hip arthroscopy congress)
- 2011 – Współczesne Metody Leczenia Biologicznego Uszkodzeń Chrząstki Stawowej, Katowice, Poland (cartilage conference)
- 2011 – 18. Kölner Unfallsymposium, Kolonia, Germany (traumatology conference)
- Regeneration eines Nervus radialis unter einer Osteosyntheseplatte, Der Unfallchirurg / Springer Medizin, Nov 3, 2016 Regeneration eines Nervus radialis unter einer Osteosyntheseplatte
- The Reverse Flow Sural Flap in the Treatment of the Soft Tissue Defects, Distally Part of the Leg – A Preliminary Report, Polski Przegląd Chirurgiczny, Jan 1, 2009
- Obrażenia tkanek miękkich kończyn, Ostry Dyżur, Tom 2, 2009
- English: fluent (IELTS – Overall Band: 8.0 of 9.0)
- German: native
- Polish: native
Scuba diving, yoga, financial markets and trading, 3d printing, sourdough bread baking, movies.